Monday, October 29, 2012

Up and Down

So a bit of a mixed bag yesterday.  Original plan had been to go to John Lewis for some new pillows (desperately needed) and then do my supermarket shopping in the Sainsburys next door. However, had a bit of a funny turn in JL and had to find the furniture department so that I could sit down for 5 minutes.  It was an odd sensation, some pain but mostly just a feeling of being "unwell" without too many specifics attached to that.  Managed to buy my pillows though and decided to give the supermarket a miss.  But then I rallied in the car driving home and so went to Sainsburys in Salford instead.  And the rest of the day was a bit like that too - unwell one minute and fine the next.  All sorted by the evening though which allowed for a trouble free viewing of Countryfile and Downton.  Can't believe Downton finishes next week.  What is the cliff hanger likely to be?  Bet it involves poor old Thomas...

Plans for today include lunch with the old management team from Warrington - which will be a great chance to catch up with those who have since moved on.  And then the very fragrant Ms Conroy will be calling in on her way home from work.  Looking forward to catching up with her too.

For those interested in my sleeping habits, I actually managed to sleep in my bed rather than on the sofa last night.  This did not, as I had feared, reintroduce the awful abdominal pain so fingers crossed I can return to a more normal sleep pattern from now on.  Still taking lots of drugs at the moment but at least now they seem to keep the pain at bay during the night.

My thoughts today will be with Bryn & Michele who are still awaiting answers in Wythenshawe hospital and with Gill who is still suffering from a dreadful cold/flu.

May update again later with any work gossip/scandal (should here be any of course).  That's all for now.  J x

No comments: