Thursday, October 04, 2012

On The Train...

... and on their way.  The Aged Ps that is, are on their great Northerly migration.  They're staying until at least Denise gets back from Sri Lanka (a week tomorrow for anyone who doesn't already have the 12th starred as a red letter day on their calendar).

Have had a good day today (even though in a little bit of pain right at this moment).  Met Sara for coffee and exchanged news and heard all about her trip to Pembroke which sounded lovely.  I used to have a friend who had a holiday cottage in Pembroke and I used to go down and stay with her occasionally.  Its a lovely part of Wales and also very "English" (its known as "little England" - presumably because a lot of English people retire/holiday there).

Thence it was to Cafe Istanbul to meet with various representatives of the Leadership Team for the NW&NW Region of HMRC.  Lovely to see them all and talk about work again.  God I've missed that - in fact if it wasn't for Lesley I'm fairly sure I would have gone round the bend in the absence of news from work.  As anyone who knows me will know, I quite like my job.  :-)

Have also spoken to Denise and received my instructions about how the meeting with my consultant tomorrow is to be conducted. As ever she makes lots of very good points which will feed into my list of questions.

And that's about all for now.  Will blog again tomorrow after the constant's appointment to let you all know what has been said.  J x


1 comment:

Kathryn said...

We'll be thinking of you tomorrow, and wishing you all the best. xx