Wednesday, October 03, 2012

A New Day

So feeling quite a bit better today.  But have cancelled one visit just in case.  Lesley, of course, will be round later to check on me and bring me some of DD's famous home-made soups.  May well try experimenting with some soup recipes when mother and father are here and can assist.

Have just had a chocolate mousse which, nutritionally speaking, probably hasn't helped much but will have a lot of calories in it.  I am taking a daily vitamin drink to make sure I get the ones I need.

Am not sure that vodka withdrawal feels quite like this but never having been through vodka withdrawal before I can't be sure.  I understand from Denise that it is World Temperance Day today and that Sri Lanka is observing this with a day-long ban on alcohol.  I would like us all to take a few moments to thing about Denise and what she must be going through.  Please support her in her hour of need by raising a glass in her name because she can't... :-)

A well wisher has sent me a DVD of Golden Girls series.  Not seen these for years so it will be interesting to see how they stand the test of time.  Thank you Cath, a lovely idea.

Ma & Pa arrive tomorrow so I need to do a bit of cleaning.  They'll just have to put up with some of the dust though or else just muck in with a bit of dusting themselves (to be fair, they always have). But I'm sure I can manage a bit of hoovering.

Have a lunch date tomorrow with a bunch of colleagues which will hopefully go ahead and go well.  I'll update you tomorrow.  And that's all for now.  J x 

3 comments:

fig said...

Thank you for being a friend
Travelled down the road and back again
your heart is true you're a pal and a confidant

I'm not ashamed to say
I hope it always will stay this way
My hat is off, won't you stand up and take a bow

And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see, the biggest gift would be from me
and the card attached would say,
Thank you for being a friend

Thank you for being a friend
Thank you for being a friend
Thank you for being a friend

If it's a car you lack
I'd surely buy you a cadillac
Whatever you need, anytime of the day or night

I'm not ashamed to say
I hope it always will stay this way
My hat is off, won't you stand up and take a bow

And when we both get older
With walking canes and hair of gray
Have no fear, even though it's hard to hear
I will stand real close and say,
Thank you for being a friend

fig said...

Blanche: I don't really mind Clayton being homosexual, I just don't like him dating men.
Dorothy: You really haven't grasped the concept of this "gay thing" yet, have you, Blanche?
Blanche: Well there must be homosexuals who date women.
Sophia: Yeah. They're called lesbians.

Jonathan said...

I'll take the cadillac thanks... J x