Tuesday, October 16, 2012

New Regime

So, last night was awful again.  Fell asleep on the sofa eventually around 0400.  The new cunning plan is to a) Use only Ensure Plus for nutrition (this means the pain shouldn't come on during the day) b) Sleep on the sofa at night (this might mean I don't get the pain - or not as badly - at night: I think Nanny is right about the posture thing.  The thing about sleeping propped up in bed is that once asleep you slide down into a flatter position - something that doesn't seem to happen on the sofa). c)  Get re-referred to the hernia guy (Mr Malarkey-Moo - not sure if that is his name but can't really remember - I did this today through my GP). d) Take more morphine (again, the GP has prescribed me a vat of it today).  And so there we are.

DD has been around a couple of times today to make sure I'm doing as I'm told (see above re cunning plan) and Jim is calling in later.  That will be quite enough for one day I think.

Its lonely (but in a strange way quite nice at the moment) to have the flat to myself.  Just the peace and quiet (traffic noise apart) really.  Have spoken to Aged Ps a coupe of times and it sounds as though they're quite glad to be home too.

Need to write to young Pam in Warrington as she has written to me.  I think we should strike up a correspondence.  So much more civilised... :-)

And that's all I can think of for the moment bunnies.  DD taking me out in the car tomorrow to see trees and my boss will be phoning first thing to shout at me some more about still being ill.  I'll catch you up with all that tomorrow.  J x

No comments: