Monday, October 29, 2012

2 Quick Thank Yous

Had two cards today, both of which brought a smile to my face so thought I would share them -

The first from Kate says: When life gives you lemons... grab tequila and salt".  If no one else appreciates this, Fig will.  We spent many a happy night on tequila, lemons and salt.  Not sure how my dry husk of a mouth would react to that these days but I'd love to give it a go.  So when you're up or I'm down Fig, that's what we'll be doing.  :-)  Thank you Kate.

The second, from those adorable people, Maggie & Paul says: Everything happens for a reason... usually its because life sucks.  Be strong".  Fabulous.  But possibly not true as things generally don't happen for a reason (discuss!).  Thank you M&P.

Just back from lunch with Chris, Daniel, Lisa and Ronda.  Very nice too and great to see them and catch up.  Felt so good after that in fact that I went for a quick stroll around town.  Decided against walking all the way in to the Arndale to buy my iPad which was probably the right decision but I need to do that soon.  Hopefully before I go home to Wales.  May go and buy it in John Lewis instead.  Can always find out how to use to from a) online, b) people who already have one, c) trial and error.  You get a longer guarantee from John Lewis too although given my circumstances this probably won't be a significant factor in my choice (some gallows humour there for those of you who, like myself, enjoy that sort of thing).

And now this has turned into a full blown posting.  Oh well, what the hell.  Not heard from any hospitals today.  I'm guessing I'll get a letter from The Christie tomorrow or the day after for my initial appointment with Dr Yvonne Summers (does anyone else think she sounds like she should be in Holby City or one of those American hospital dramas?).  I'll let you know what she's actually like once I've met her.  Hopefully she's nice (and most people at The Christie are - just look at the lovely Debbie).

So that's all for today.  Looking forward to seeing Lesley (and possibly DD) later and hopefully hearing some news from B&M.  Ciao bambinos.... J x

1 comment:

fig said...

Gosh Tequila! That takes me back,back,back.

Talking of memories I've just finished reading part 3 of Paul O' Gradys autobiography and he talks quite a bit about Adrella ... an act I'd almost totally forgotten (and now sadly passed).

I raise a glass to her.