Monday, October 08, 2012

Infected Kidneys

So it sounds as though mother has a kidney infection.  So she's of to the walk-in-centre in Boots today to get some antibiotics.  She gets these fairly frequently but its still unpleasant or her so she has all my sympathy.

I'm feeling OK so far this morning.  Have heard from the hospital and my CT scan is scheduled to take place on Friday morning at 0830.  First on the list (I assume) should mean no delays and waiting around but you never know when there's going to be an emergency.  Anyway, at least it will take place before I see Dr Bailey and before their Friday morning get togethers.  Have just spoken to the cancer nurse and she says that the guy who writes the reports on the scans (the radiologist) attends their get-togethers so once the scan is on the system he will be able to talk them through it.

Seeing my boss this afternoon so it will be good to catch up on any work news I've missed (although to be fair Lesley keeps me pretty up to date).  But it should give me a chance to regularise our contacts going forward (its been pretty hit and miss so far).

And that's about all I know so far today (apart from the fact that the sun is shining in Northumberland - thank you Mrs T).  The cricket was exciting (yawn) but a pity Sri Lanka lost.  And Downton looks like it might be quite exciting next week with Thomas (said in best Tom & Jerry voice) up to his old tricks.  Yay for old tricks.  :-)  J x


No comments: