Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Quiet Weekend

So not much happening really.  Last night was lovely though as Michele is back from New York and we had dinner at Felicinis.  Great to see her and great to hear the Tales of New York and also to receive my present: a book called Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf Goodman.  And don't worry, its not a book about funerals but rather a book about that fabulous shop Bergdorf Goodman - my absolute favourite shop in NY (Karen will remember it as the shop I bought my Issye Miyake jacket in when we were in NY - the shop where the sales assistant, on being asked by us where was good to go on a Saturday night, replied that he "...never went out at weekends as the town was full of tourists at weekends".  An absolutely fabulous put down on a par with "I'm sorry, we don't sell the Dolce & Gabbana diffusion line" - a put down line Fig will remember).  Anyway, I'm half way through the book and love it.  It also came in the most glorious, over-the-top BG packaging and with a glorious BG carrier bag.  Thank you B&M.

No real news to report on Bryn.  He's now spent several nights on various wards in Wythenshawe hospital and the doctors still don't know what's going on.  Whilst this isn't a completely unheard of phenomenon it is really frustrating for those involved.  Get well soon Bryn-lad.

Today had a visit from the loveliness that is Jim (have I told you that the Lesbian and Gay Foundation - where I do my helpline volunteering - sent me a gorgeous bunch of flowers?) and heard tales of all his busyness.  He is the busiest man I know.

Then for a walk in Wythenshawe park with the lovely DD.  Beautiful at this time of the year (the park that is, DD is beautiful all year round). And now a night in when I may well treat myself to the long-denied DVD that is Prometheus.  Might be a bit scary though.  We'll see.

Tomorrow am planning a trip to John Lewis and Sainsburys in Cheadle Hulme and that's it.  Weekend done and dusted.  And then a luncheon date on Monday with the "old" management team from Warrington office. Hurrah.

Am expecting to hear early next week when my treatment is likely to kick off so watch this space bunnies.  And have a good weekend out there in bunny-world.  That's all.  J x

No comments: