Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sleep(ish)

Despite being completely exhausted I only managed 2 hours or so sleep last night.  But on the plus side I wasn't in any pain particularly and did doze on and off throughout the rest of the night.  I also managed to fall asleep when I was supposed to be meeting Denise in the morning and so was late for that!

Did eventually meet up with DD though and we went for a walk in Whitworth park (some really lovely, mature - over 100 years old -  trees but the park itself isn't really big enough).  We then had coffee in the art gallery and then off to Sainsburys for a big shop.  Was able to park in the disabled parking spaces as my blue badge has now arrived but I can't tell you how guilty it made me feel.  When walking to and from the car I almost felt like I should be limping or something just so people could see I was ill!

Then Maggie and Paul have been around this afternoon.  I love them.  They are such generous and genuine people.  And they make me food.  To be fair to Maggie, she is quite upfront about why they are so nice to me - she wants me to leave her my coffee table in her will... But I now have some spicy parsnip soup and some broccoli and stilton soup in my freezer.  Yum.

I also need to mention the very lovely chick with the choc as she has done it again and made me another chocolate torte.  I shall approach this one with more caution (maybe wear a helmet or something?) and hopefully not make myself ill!  I will freeze some of it so that I can spread out my culinary pleasure.  Ev has also retaliated against Denise's plan to make me a buddhist by buying me a rosary (which I'm wearing as I type).  Never mind the Middle East, religious warfare has broken out in City South... :-)  Should anyone wish to buy me a copy of the Koran or theTorah, then go ahead.  Lets really mix this up...

And that's all for now.  Except to say that Denise and I watched War Horse on Sky Premiere last night.  It has to be the biggest load of tosh I have ever seen.  Badly written, badly filmed, badly acted and it went on for ever.  Mr Spielberg should be ashamed of himself.  J x

1 comment:

maggie said...

I can't believe you've told the world and his wife about my ulterior motive! However, you have stood - oh no, sat in the car, you couldn't get out because of child locks, ha ha ha - where our new house is going to built and I'm sure you could picture your beautiful table in it ;)
Love you more than the table, J, and we'd rather have you in our new house. Mx