Thursday, October 11, 2012

Topsy Turvey

So yesterday afternoon/evening turned out to be quite challenging for me in terms of pain but then last night was very good.  Why this happens like this I've no idea.  I'm looking for patterns and triggers but there's nothing common to any of the episodes of pain. I just think perhaps its a divine joke (should there be any such thing as the divine - and no this isn't me hedging my bets despite the recent advice from a religious friend that I might want to consider doing just that!).

Went to Wythenshawe hospital this morning to see Caroline the nurse (DD and I saw her for the pre-op assessment you may recall).  She certainly recalled as she spotted me in a very crowded waiting room and greeted me by name.  Spent about half an hour with her and came away mightily reassured that I'm doing the right thing.  She reckons that a 6 week period of very little fluid draining off may be a trigger point for consideration of having the rain removed.  We'll see, watch this space.  Aged Ps are not going out for the rest of the day and I may well be going for a lie down soon so probably not a good day for visits (sorry M&P).  I think once I'm on my own arranging various visits will be a lot easier.  Aged Ps will take a decision on how long they're to remain here following tomorrow's results/decisions.

Nothing else to report for the moment.  Sorry but its short and sweet today.  Am expecting a phonecall from the returning DD once she's "airside" in Sri Lanka and will let you have any news on that front either later or tomorrow.  But I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing her a safe journey.  Apparently she's having to pay excess baggage charges for all the good luck Buddha statues she's bringing me back.  :-)  That's all bunnies.  J x

3 comments:

maggie said...

email sent as my blog comment disappeared into the ether!!!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to spend virtual hugs

Jonathan said...

Consider yourself spent honey... :-) J x