Wednesday, October 17, 2012

An Adventure

So we went to see the trees in Heaton Park.  Unfortunately we're a couple of weeks too early for them to have changed colour properly yet so whilst there were one or two fine specimens the majority are still green or greenish.  However, we did sit outside and have a cup of coffee (instant, Nescafe, yuck) in the Hidden Gem (they got that half right) garden centre in Heaton Park.  We also walked all the way round the lake.  It was great to wander through trees and hear birdsong.  Also, the big gate thing they moved from Cross Street looks fabulous in its completely out of context park setting.

I'm sad to report that the cunning plan didn't work.  I had the pain as usual last night and only managed to sleep from 2330 to 0200 and then from 0730 to 0830 (I'm now keeping a precise diary).  As an addition to the original cunning plan the lovely Sharon in work is sending me a V shaped pillow to see if it helps.  I'm not sure but will try anything.  Mother thinks the pain may be brought on by inactivity i.e. staying in one position for 2 hours or so.  I'm not so sure as it recurs sometimes through the day too (I'm feeling it as I type).  But in any case the referral to hernia-guy is now in process so there's not a lot to be done for the moment.

The PET scan is now taking place on Saturday (who knew they worked Saturdays?) which will miss my consultation on Friday. Obviously but I'll talk to Dr Bailey this Friday to see whether I need to wait a whole week before we can discuss the results or whether I could see him/talk to him before the following Friday.

The lovely Lesley (accompanied by aforementioned V shaped pillow) is calling round tonight and it will be good to see her as its been absolutely ages...

The plan is to meet up with some colleagues (no idea how many) at Restaurant Bar & Grill tomorrow before they all go off to their union dinner which should be good.  Shame I'm not fit enough for that as its in a curry house and as we all know curry is my new favourite meal.  :-)

Talked to the big boss this morning.  She's not read this blog yet which might explain why I'm still getting paid!  GP has signed me off for another 50 days.

And that's all bumpkins.  More news tomorrow.  Wish me luck with my V shapes tonight... J x

No comments: