Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Soup

Mother and I are making soup today.  That is to say, I am reading out the recipe and mother is carrying out my instructions.  Its a lesson in good communications and management technique.  I'm afraid I've had to threaten her with a "not met" on her performance and indeed she is already on three year pay freeze but I think we will triumph.  Please see later for soup updates.

We've started simply with my tried and trusted tomato soup recipe (Maggie, I don't think my finely honed management communication skills are quite up to instructing my mother in how to make one of chef Paul's fabulous looking recipes yet but who knows where this will all lead).

You'll all be pleased to know that I'm having quite a good day so far today (it always does me good when I'm ordering someone around) although last night wasn't brilliant.  Hey ho.  As long as there are some good times.  Am meeting a Team member for a drink tonight so looking forward to that and hearing all about how the mock exam went (and not, of course, any detail on any of the questions as that is verboten as we all know).  I miss my Team though.  They're a good bunch and they've had to put up with a lot with me (my frequent illnesses being not the least of my many faults) but they've come through.  That just shows their fine qualities though.

Of course my boss shouted at me quite a lot for being ill.  But I think that's helped.  My fear of her dreadful temper and the formidable acts of retribution she carries out have helped me through some really dark times... Of course I'm joking folks and have only put that statement there because she now has the blog address and so will, no doubt, be checking up on what I'm up to whilst on the sick.  :-)  Expect to see this blog quoted in the transcripts of employment tribunals very soon.  In fact it would help if you could finish all your "comments" that refer to us gallivanting around town with a phrase such as "but Jonathan was clearly exhausted by the whole day and looked virtually dead by the end" or something similar jut to cover our backs in the legal sense.  Ta.

And that's all for now bunnies.  They say that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger so after the soup later I'll either be in an even better mood or dead.  Let's see how that turns out then... J x


6 comments:

maggie said...

Hi J
Hope your mum's soup turns out well. We're off to the Peak District tomorrow for a day's walking with Paula and Mike (Paula says you still owe her a pub crawl of Manchester? Obviously, you're far too exhausted at the moment!)& Pat and Glenn. We're staying overnight but back early Thursday so if you're up to a visit/meeting for a coffee on Thursday, let me know. Meanwhile, hope the feeling well lasts. Mx

morgylad said...

Personally I think you are a terrible slacker and don't expect me to defend you at tribunal ;-) x

Jonathan said...

M&P, Thursday looking OK so far. Hoping this good feeling last too.

And Ian, whilst it is undoubtedly true that I am a slacker (though how you would know never having worked with me is a mystery) whatever happened to union fraternity? My union member: right or wrong? I'm sure ARC has had to defend worse slackers than me in the past. Why should I be singled out and persecuted? Is it because I'm gay?.... J

morgylad said...

Takes one to know one ;-)
Believe me given what our Employer has been trying to do to me this past fortnight I might be asking you to represent me soon!!! Will explain over a beverage soon!
Hope the soup was good, can't best a good homemade soup.

Jonathan said...

Yes you will because we're overdue for a meet up. Will have to be next week now so I give you first refusal on any day you like next week... J

Unknown said...

I don't represent slackers just in case they notice my supreme slackerness.

Love home made soup purple sprouting broccoli most excellent

Toodles