Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sorry Missed Yesterday

Nothing to worry about, just a little busy with this and that. This cycle of chemo is going better than the first one still which I'm pleased about. Still got some of the queasiness, bad taste and smell etc but its not as bad as it was last time. Didn't make it out of the house yesterday but did walk as far as the local Sainsburys on Monday - which really knackered me. Will attempt a walk to the AMC cinema this afternoon (going to see Argo) so let's see how that goes. In the meantime I need to start doing some tidying up ready for the arrival of the Aged Ps onThursday.

Also have the second week chemo shot tomorrow and the District Nurses have been this morning to take blood. Maggie is taking me so that will be a new experience. Looking forward to catching up with her. And also feeding back to her on the delicious curry sauce Paul had prepared for me which I used to make a quick and dirty veg curry last night - I was so hungry! But it was really tasty and just spicy enough for me. Indeed my appetite seems to be quite good at the moment so I'm making the most of it and trying to build myself up a bit and catch up on all the weight I've lost up until now.

I must also thank the lovely John & Janice for the really tasty veg soup they made for me. It was gorgeous and really filling. But can I just ask people to hold off on bringing me any more food until after Xmas please? My freezer is full and I shall be eating very well indeed over Xmas as a result. Thank you all.

And that's all for the moment I think. I may update again later following the cinema. Oh, apart from to say well done Toby on passing your rest. I'm really pleased. J x

No comments: