Thursday, December 27, 2012

Clinic Visit

So off to Wythenshawe hospital today with the Ageds to see the lovely Dr Summers. She told it like it is and answered all their questions. She also agreed to write me a "to whom it may concern" letter confirming my less than 12 months diagnosis (some of my pension schemes won't pay out without this letter). Saw Glen there who doesn't appear to be having a brilliant time on chemo (he started his first cycle on exactly the same day as me and so we always have appointments on exactly the same days). Dr Summers won't be upping my chemo dose given the relatively easy time I've had of it on this second cycle. Apparently I'm still on quite a heavy dose and the side effects will get progressively worse without altering the dose. But it also looks like I'll only have the 4 cycles rather than 6.

Also watched Marnie this morning (having had my interest piqued by The Girl last night) and what a great film it is. I've had the DVD for ages and just never got round to watching it. But what a scary person Hitchcock was. Be interesting to see what Anthony Hopkins does with him in the film. And Helen Mirren as his wife.

Am also working through all the episodes of Bleak House with my mother. Superb series and well worth this second visit. Every great British actor one has ever heard of appears to be in it. Apart from Helen Mirren.

Ageds leaving in the morning and Madame doesn't return until Sunday which means I have almost two whole days to myself. Yippee. All this and I'm feeling quite good at the moment. Anything could happen. Watch this space. J x

No comments: