Friday, May 19, 2006

Who's On The Phone

Am intrigued to know who is reading this blog and then telephoning Karen to find out details of office closures... Is it ship to shore perchance?

Went to Ordsall Hall today with Jim. What a pile of pants that place is. Really, just pants and full of kids If people need details let me know. But then we went to the Lowry Outlet for a coffee and a browse which was very nice. Didn't buy anything (except coffee) though. I think they only sell second hand (or shop lifted)stuff which is why it is all so cheap. And no-one would accept my Harvey Nicks account card...

Not much else happened today. Did some washing. Threw away some dead flowers (yes I did my tongue exercises mum - she's been out for a chinese tonight and so wasn't at home to nag me when I phoned). Didn't need a nap this afternoon. Also took my painkillers in tablet form tonight. So much less hassle...

Night one and all and don't stay up too late ogling the posh totty on BB. J x

5 comments:

newcastlewench said...

"Tongue exercises" ???????

Where's a fireman when you need one.

xxx

NannyOggandGreebo said...

Life on board is like BB - you would love the bitching although the age group is mainly vintage..weather delightful, wine superb, food delish and waiters young and helpful....mmmmmmmm
Hope everything fine with you and the Aged Ps.
I am suffering with Mrs T trying hard to keep me in order - a forlorn hope, as we know, but still, she must make the effort!
See you soon, dear - Corsica tomorrow
Love
Nanny & Mrs T
xxxx

fig said...

Posh Totty? I liked the little scally type with the lovely bod. Insert ball gag, pop a bag over his head and yer away! No talking please, just KEEP STILL!!

Not that I'm watching though - oh no not me - I am too busy phoning regional offices and telling them about shutting down.

Remember, we are on course to close all offices by Feb 2008 and de-skill all Senior Staff to pleb level by Decembr 2006. Make 'em Lean, keep 'en keen.

newcastlewench said...

'de-skilling'? Surely you are inventing new words du jour. Don't you know that 'upskilling' is the new black? and 'governance' is so common now it has been removed from the triple word square on the official 'Meeting Bingo' cards.

J - stay away as long as you can, it's not looking pretty out there at the mo.

BTW - the plot this evening was so classic I even forgot to be irritated by their flares and oooh wasn't that bit in the tunnel scary, you just KNEW one of them was going to come alive. Classic Who, with a bit of a gutwrencher at the end. The Doc is supposed to not put a foot wrong but he NEGLECTED poor RickyStickyMicky. I don't feel safe with him any more - what if he neglects ME the same way when the daleks come out the wardrobe in the night? I know that nowadays the police won't protect me, the NHS is patchy, the council doesn't do anything about dog poo, and the RAC will take over an hour to arrive and still not be able to fix things, but I always knew that the Doctor would appear if the baddies attacked me. but now even that crumb of hope has been snatched away by the scavenging rodent of unreliability. (but balance that against how scrummy he looked when running thru the power station - mmmm shirt open at the neck and bow tie untied all casual mrrrowwwl).
J - as ever the arbiter - is the Doctor our one great hope, or a bit of a Prescott?

Jonathan said...

I thought Monsieur Le Docteur Qui was better tonight. The cybermen were a little dalek-ish though with their "delete, delete, delete" refrain. In fact they sounded a bit like me trying to fill in an expenses claim on E-HR (sorry, in-house joke for any non-HMRC people).