Tuesday, May 30, 2006

God I'm a Shit

Am really nervous about the treatment (first session today, more about that later) and in quite a bit of pain on account of inadequate painkillers (more about that later too) and so I take all this out on my parents by being a really surly difficult sod who snaps at everything that's said. Bless them, they take it all in good part but they don't deserve it after everything they've done for me. So I'm apologising in public for being a complete shit to live with today (will alos apologise privately once they're back from their meal).

Treatment was OK today. There's no pain with the actual treatment (apart from the pain of the mask biting into one's forehead) but the pain starts sometime during week 2 apparently. Sore throat. Painfully dry mouth. And burnt skin. Oh joy. On top of all this I'm not supposed to shave so I'll also look awful. But for anyone interested I now have photos taken by my parents of me in the immediate aftermath of the operations. You will need a strong stomach!

On the subject of painkillers they won't let me take ibuprofen for 3 days either side of the chemotherapy and they won't prescribe morphine. So hard luck me I just have to endure. I suppose in the scheme of things two 6 day periods of bad back pain is not the end of the world but I'd rather not have to go through if its all the same to everyone.

Karen came round tonight and caught me up with all the Sussex gossip. I just wish you lot knew the people involved so I could pass it all on..... J x

No comments: