Thursday, May 25, 2006

Not Nice

Spent an uncomfortable 45 minutes having the final adjustments made to my mould ready for the start of radiotherapy on Tuesday. I hate that thing.

More worryingly had an X-Ray of my jaw (on account of the loose screw incident) which shows that my jaw is not knitting together as ther doctors had hoped following my surgery. This may entail more surgery in the future. Of course this is quite dangerous following radiotherapy but they can't afford to wait to start the radiotherapy. Anyway, they've given me a course of antibiotics to clear up any infection (if that's what is preventing the jaw joining up) and we'll see what the position is after that has run its course.

All in all a depressing day. J x

1 comment:

Darth Vader said...

Dont know what to say J (aside from thanks to DD for lodging the "rose garden" song firmly in my brain so will be singing it all day...) other than in the words of the previous speaker "Keep that chin up". If more screws fall out and you need assistance in keeping face in place have recently taken up knitting with Nanny Ogg and could manage some sort of scarf / sling contraption which you could tie under the chin "the Waltons" style??? Oh as long as someone casts on for me.. Oh and casts off as well?? But I CAN do pom poms if you think the decoration would help???

You know we are all pulling with you. I have my little talks with the big man up there (I know its a man cos sometimes like this he does make a rights pigs ear of things) and I will tell him to pull his finger out and start looking after the good ones like he should.

Hope to see you soon when Nanny back. Kerry and I discussing fab and glitzy shoe and jewellrey purchases last night via text so Nan has to get back soon before we get out of hand!

x