Friday, May 12, 2006

One Swallow...

... does a summer make. Young Sean and Frances were over the moon with my swallowing technique yesterday which was very gratifying. YS also told me that the lump on the side of my face should reduce "significantly" which is also good news. Further down the line there may also be cosmetic procedures that can be undertaken to reduce it even further. I don't think anyone is talking about my returning to my pre-op gorgeousness though. But then Cath said something that brought a tear to my eye, she said that people would like my lump because it was part of me (or words to that effect). How nice was that?

Caroline was pleased with my skin graft and I no longer have to wear a dressing on it. I'll probably still put a bandage on it if I go out or when seeing people because its still not very attractive to look at at the moment. I do get to shower now though without a bag on my arm. My trachy scar is, apparently, "over-granulating" which means its healing too much. I didn't think this was possible but I now have some cream to put on it to stop this happening.

One piece of bad news is that my Mum isn't feeling too well. So the Aged Ps have decided to stay on an extra day until she's feeling better. I now get the chance to look after her which is nice.

Jim and Denise tonight so I'll post later and let you know any further news. J x

3 comments:

fig said...

Gosh. Here is an odd thing. I was sorting out some old photos at the weekend and I came across some of you and me, Donal, Huw, Katrina, Lola et al. at various 'Prides' from 1996 to about 2003.

That didn't feel very long ago, until I gawped at photos and realised how much younger we all looked. It was a bit diverting to see us all hale and hearty with nary a care in the world (save for the next beer and drag act). And - my god - you were so pretty - I'd never noticed before, but I mean it. No wonder I never got any action. When I thought they were cruising me they were probably saying 'Ooh look at the cute guy with the skinny blond skank, what a waste'.

Suffice to say I DO look like a streak of piss in comedy glasses and a thin jumper in most of the pictures, but there we go ...

Anyway the point of this ramble down memory cul-de-sac is that we all looked younger ten years ago and time is taking it's toll all of us and though I'm glad your lumpy old face will look less lumpy in time,I wouldn't care if your surgery had left you with two heads, an extra nose and an an overbite, you are still gorgeous to me.

Jonathan said...

Speechless....

NannyOggandGreebo said...

Hello Jonno

Glad to hear that you are feeling more chipper, I have been reading your blogs but alas remiss in posting anything. Mainly as it difficult to gain access to the internet due to aged P playing internet scrabble (doubtless for money!) & have also been getting regular updates from the mr and mrs T - although I don't think Uncle Kev would suit such extreme bling as his namesake! Or are you too old to remember the A team?

Thinking about you mask perhaps you should ask for it to be customised, maybe some carnival inspiration? or perhaps a Phantom of the opera number - I can see you now making your way down the canals of manchester... maybe it's just me?

Thinking of you.

Kerry xxx