Sunday, September 30, 2012

Theatre-Less

So, since feeling odd I decided not to chance Cabaret last night.  I didn't like the thought of being trapped in the middle of a row of seats and unable to leave quickly and easily if I felt the need.  And even if I hadn't actually felt the need I would have spent all night worrying about it and so not enjoyed myself.  For the same reason I'm not going to Jesus Christ Superstar tonight either.  Its a real shame but there you go.  Reports say that Will Young (and the production) was superb whilst Sally Bowles was less so.  Sian Williams (playing the landlady) was also very good.  I'd forgotten that the stage play differs quite a bit from the film and the landlady has a more major role.

Have felt not too good for most of today.  I did a drain this morning which produced minimal fluids but which didn't leave me feeling much better.  Perked up a bit this afternoon when Lesley visited and following an Ensure Plus.

I appear to have lost my appetite for Ensure Pluses and am trying to make myself drink them but even so I'm not having as many as I would normally.  This, of course, goes some way to explaining the weight loss.  Its over a stone and a half now and I don't want to lose any more so I'm trying my best to keep eating.  If anyone has any bright ideas on this (given all my known limitations) then please feel free to share.

Have left message for cancer nurse to phone me in the morning (assuming she's in the office tomorrow) as I want to know what's happening and when I'm likely to see anyone and I'm fed up just waiting around.

I finally enjoyed an episode of Dr Who last night.  Shame its the last one until Xmas.  But hey the Arthur and Merlin love-in starts again next week so that will keep me going.  So its Countryfile and Downton for me tonight...  Hope all you bunnies out there are having fun.  As soon as I know any results I'll post here.  Night all. J x




2 comments:

maggie said...

Hi J
Sorry you're not feeling so good. As you know we're away from tomorrow till Friday but I'll get Paul to think of things to tickle your fancy, food-wise,and we'll see you when we get back. Take care. Mx

fig said...

Dr Fig knows that alcohol is terribly calorific - would it be awful to suggest a purely vodka based diet?

Alternatively I'm a huge fan of rice pudding, semolina and yoghurt based things. Had a lovely orange flavoured set semolina pudding last might at our resturant du jour.

Agree with you on Who - good story and proper emotional punch.