Friday, September 21, 2012

Still All Good

So nothing went downhill yesterday afternoon/evening and the night was good too.  And today has been fine so far.  Yippee.  I do get the occasional stabbing pain which comes out of nowhere and manifests itself either in my abdomen or the right side of my back i.e. not at the wound site at all which is under my right arm.  There isn't anything I'm doing/eating/not doing that triggers these pains but they're easily controlled by the rather vast pharmacopeia available to me (and yes, I know that's a book but I like the word).

Still nothing from the hospital on any results but they did say that it can take up to 2 weeks for results to come back plus they normally have a multi-disciplinary team meeting on Friday mornings so they may have discussed any results this morning and a letter may already be in the post offering me an appointment.  We'll see.  But since its just a question of "which cancer is it?" rather than "is it or isn't it cancer?" the outcome is not quite as crucial and so I'm content to wait until they get in touch.

Aged Ps have gone out for lunch and shopping.  And Lesley is popping round for a glass of wine tonight.  Had a visit from a team member yesterday and it was really good to see him.  He's now got the blog address and so you may find him commenting on my comments in the future.  He's a great guy and I predict a bright future for him (and I'm not just saying that because he'l now be reading this!).

Jim has been doing his magistrating stuff today but didn't get to see Dale Cregan who appeared before a District Judge.  But he was in the same building.  Look forward to hearing all about that later.

News from Sri Lanka:  Madam being driven everywhere in tuk tuks and spending time on the beach as well as at the cricket.  There are also cocktails...

May take Aged Ps out for a drive tomorrow if good progress continues.

That's all for now.  J x

No comments: