Friday, September 14, 2012

In Further Updates...

Morning bloggers. You know how they say that love the second time round never works? Well I'm living proof that it isn't so. Me and the push-button-morphine-on-demand machine are here to re-affirm our views, stand up in front of the world and say that cross-bio-mechanical love is good, it is a valid lifestyle choice and we don't care who knows it. I've had a sleep, dear readers, a SLEEP. Yes, it was only 4 hours (we don't want to rush into new experiences too quickly), yes I was in agony when I woke up (I've yet to train my body to push buttons in my sleep - how do some of my colleagues manage it?) and yes I'm awake now (to the fact that the nurse on duty doesn't know to get hold of a new morphine cylinder to replenish my new love if to nothing else). It was sleep nonetheless and it was blissful (and dreamless as far as I can recall). But she better hurry up and get a replacement cylinder soon or we're all in big trouble - you should hear the noise these things make when they're empty...

In other news, my drain has leaked a bit. My sheets look like they're from a war zone. But not to worry, we've put extra dressings over the drain site and this means everything is OK. Apparently. I'm now not as sure of Alison, my care-giver, as I was last night. :-( Which is a shame because she's lovely and wants to help...

No comments: