Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Drain Away

Had my drain out this afternoon.  Took about half an hour at Wythenshawe hospital and was an extremely painful experience despite the fact that I was given a local anaesthetic.  I could not believe how much tubing was actually in my lung.  There must have been about 9 inches.  Indeed the tubing inside me was longer than the tubing on the outside of my body.  And because there was so little fluid in my lung space the tube had attached itself in a number of places and had to be pulled free.  Not at all pleasant.

I now feel much better though.  I've been told to take lots of painkillers (yay) and take it easy this evening (double yay) so that is what I'm doing.  Thanks to Lesley for driving me there and back and looking after me. :-)

Experienced some hernia pain last night (which went away by about 0230) which is a little worrying but I still have my appointment with the hernia guy arranged for 30/11 so I may go along to that anyway and see what I can do about the pain short of an operation (which I can't have whilst undergoing chemotherapy).

Have an appointment at The Christie tomorrow (although I'm not terribly sure why - I'll let you know afterwards!).  Looks like I will get my chemotherapy at Wythenshawe which I'm quite pleased about apart from the fact that I won't get to see the lovely Debbie on each visit.  Met up with her briefly last week and it was fantastic to see her, gorgeous as ever, with a new hair colour.  Wythenshawe has quite a small chemotherapy unit which should make it all a lot more personal and I still get to see Dr Summers.  I'l let you have more details when I have them.

Off to watch the series finale of The Paradise now (trash television but its about shopping!) so that's all.  J x

No comments: