Saturday, November 17, 2012

Bit Anxious

Don't know why, but now I have a date for the chemotherapy to start I'm a bit more anxious. I'm not looking forward to any side effects.  I remember that going through the radiotherapy last time was hell at times but at least that had the potential outcome of a cure.  This time we could be talking about, at best, a couple of extra months.  I probably won't think it worth those couple of extra months if the side effects are severe.  But nothing ventured... lets see how it goes and I can always decide to stop half way through the treatment if I want to.

Went to The Moon Under Water yesterday (yes, I must be ill) for the Manchester trainees' promotion party.  Dreadful venue and I was a bit overwhelmed by the number of people there and so didn't stay too long.  Learned that my three all got promotion too so am dead chuffed about that:  well done, Richard, Liam & Julie.  Hopefully I will see Liam on Sunday and can congratulate him in person.

Out with Denise and Michele tonight for cocktails and a meal.  Looking forward to that as we're going to Don Giovanni's and neither Michele nor I have been there before.  Cocktails at The Midland are always good on a Saturday night too as there is normally a chivvy wedding or two to observe.  :-)

Ma & Pa are fine and will be spending Christmas with me here in Manchester as the dates mean I will be in one of my "bad weeks".  That should be an interesting experience as we've never spent Christmas away from Swansea before.

That's all I can think of for the moment.  Will update more as it occurs to me... J x






4 comments:

fig said...

Sending huge hugs x.

Joolz said...

Of course you are anxious - anyone would be. At least you are giving it a go. Thinking about you and hoping its not as bad as you fear. Love from Joolz xxx

NannyOggandGreebo said...

Chin up, bonny lad. Remember that the lovely Dr Summers (Ann or Donna?) has said you are young and fit (she hasn't seen the portrait in the attic, has she?) and that it will have a positive effect. And you can stop the treatment if you feel it's too overwhelming.
But I must admit that I'll be disappointed not to see you in a beehive wig - will it be Hairspray or some kind of Grenadier Guard look? Most likely the wig should be pink and lightly sprinkled with glitter. A pink wand should complete the look...
Wrap yourself in the warmest wishes from Nanny xx

Jonathan said...

Its Dr Yvonne Summers and the wig would be the Elsa Lanchester special from Bride of Frankenstein.... J x