Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Chemo Minus One

That's still happening tomorrow so not much more to say really.  DD and Michele (?) are coming round tonight to watch the football and to help me take my mind off it.  I'll report tomorrow or the day after on how it all went.

But, today's events need telling I guess...

So I turned up at the studios at 1100 as instructed wearing nary a logo (its a rule apparently) and a winter coat.  I was met by Jude from the costume department (for those of you who don't know Jude, she is the one who - with Jenny - arranged this gig for me and also did the tour for us the other week - a lovely lady).  Jude introduced me to my directors - "Woody" and "Richard III" (the second director apparently sits in an office somewhere).  Jude put me in the hands of two of her colleagues who took me down to the set where I waited whilst the scene before mine was filmed.  And then came my big moment.  I was taken onto set by Richard and sat at a table in Roy's Rolls with another extra and given a cup of cold tea to drink.  After a few minutes Richard moved me to a stool towards the entrance to the cafe so that I would get my face filmed (how kind was that?).  Unfortunately the first stool I sat on I broke (oops) and so settled a little more gingerly on the second one and commenced to read my copy of the Weatherfield Gazette.  We had three or four run throughs of the scene where all the actors (apart from Jenny!) forgot their lines and quite a few of them came out with most un-Coraonation-Street-like language.  We then did three real takes which was so exciting.  I can't believe how much I enjoyed the whole experience.  Those of you who know me well know that I am normally quite unfazed by stardom but I confess I was a little starstruck by the whole thing.  Jenny, of course, was an absolute dream and made me feel right at home.  I don't think it would be fair to relate what was happening in the story as this would spoil things for some readers but the characters involved in my scene were Fizz, Hayley, Roy, Audrey & Norris.  And its actually quite a funny scene.

For those of you who need all the details whilst I was not wearing any logos the suppliers of my costume for today's filming were Messrs Burberry, Hermes, Nicole Fahri, Thom Browne, Rolex and Topman.  Bet they've never had that combination on Corrie before!

At the end of filming Woody said quite loudly "thanks for that Jonathan" and the entire cast and crew gave me a round of applause.  I was so touched that Jude and Jenny had gone to so much trouble.  Its really made my day and took my mind off tomorrow.

I've no idea yet when this will air but Jude is going to find out for me and one I know, you'll know.  :-)  That's all.  Wish me luck for tomorrow.  J x

2 comments:

Darth Vader said...

What a fab day! V v jealous. Was Nigel Havers around? i came over all "unnecessary" the other day when i passed him in the street and had an almost irrepressible urge to stroke his hair! I look forward to seeing you (and possibly the broken stool!) in a future episode. Will be thinking of you tomorrow Jonathan. Your blog amazes and amuses me regularly. I still chuckle at the infamous "do I look like a bl@@dy builder?". Only you. If best wishes were painkillers and paths to restful sleeps you would walk this next few weeks. Lisa. X

fig said...

I. Am. Amazed. How wonderful and exciting. My mum will be thrilled.

fig (bit jealous)