Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I've Come Over All Bjork

Its oh so quiet (no-one asking me what the answer to 2 down is), its oh so still (no-one bustling around because he can't sit still for 3 minutes)... yes, I've packed the Aged Ps onto the Heatwave Express and sent them back to Wales. The rest should do them good provided they don't melt before they get there. Gone they may be, but not forgotten as large portions of their wardrobe remain here (they shopped so hard in Manchester that not everything would fit into their cases for the journey home!). I'm missing them of course but they need some time to themselves and not running around after me. I'm a big boy now. And NO MORE SPORT!!!!

Still not able to speak for any length of time (oh that phlegm gets everywhere) and so receiving visitors is difficult. Hopefully I'm on an upward track now (the skin on my face and neck seems to be healing nicely and hopefully the lining of my throat is progressing similarly well) so it shouldn't be too long before I can see you all again. The idea is that I won't go home now until mid-August so plenty of time. No idea about returning to work though. I imagine I'll have to be off the tube feeding before anyone is ready to recommend I go back. I'll discuss with Caroline (my cancer nurse, unfortunately on holiday again from the end of this week) and the consultants (not seeing them now until 24 August) and, of course, Bob (although he leaves the end of next month too). God, I won't have anyone to talk to!

Anyway, having an OK day today and that's all I can ask for. J x

1 comment:

newcastlewench said...

J - do repress your double-entendre gland for a minute, as this is meant to be helpful but has the possibility of reading in an oo-err-missus kind of way....

Re stodgy saliva: have they suggested some kind of sucking machine to get it out? Oh fer heavens sake - like the thing they use in the dentists. I've looked on the net and there is reference to being able to hire portable sucking machines from hospitals for keeping babies mouths clear when taking premature babies home and surely that's the same kind of need. All you need is something hand held (obviously not as powerful as the dentist) which you can pop in your mouth and will do the sucking for you, so you don't have to keep trying to spit it out OH GET UP OFF THE FLOOR MAN I'M BEING SERIOUS. I wonder whether your medical team could look into it before they scatter to the four winds?

And you do look as gorgeous as ever :o)))