Thursday, July 20, 2006

Empty Nest

Now I know what its like when the kids grow up and leave home. Only in this case its my parents that have left. What is one supposed to do with oneself? There's no-one to clean up after, no fights to sort out, no tears before bedtime...

Good feeling today in that I feel like I've turned a corner in the past couple of days. Since the beginning of the week I've been feeling a little better each day and let me tell you that's a good way to feel. Still got problems with my throat (and that damn phlegm) but the skin on my neck has cleared up and my ears are on their way (although still bleeding a little at night). The throat is the main thing now since once that has cleared up I can start looking at getting back to eating and drinking normally and once I'm doing that the sky's the limit. I understand that I need to be back in work (Beryl's deadline notwithstanding) by April 2007 as that is when we enter the brave new compliance world. Can't wait... J x

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Welcome home K. When you phone, remind me to ask you to get Sue P's address for me. She keeps writing to me and sending me cards but doesn't put her address on them. Ta chuck. Talk soon. J x

fig said...

I have found something for you to spend some time with. It's both a trip down memory lane (check out 'changing faces gallery') and a reminder of how fabulous men in wigs can be.

http://www.lolalasagne.com/

Enjoy!...

'... so she puts on this beret and sings ...'