Friday, June 02, 2006

And Here I Am

Spent a really unpleasant 48 hours in hospital. Suffered really intense pain the first afternoon that even morphine didn't seem to be able to touch but thankfully it faded towards evening. Didn't sleep at all that evening and then spent all yesterday throwing up into papier mache bowls (6 times!). Again, really unpleasant and they decided to keep me in last night. Thankfully slept the whole night (under the excellent care of Olivia, thank you Olivia) and felt much better this morning. They've now let me home. Hurrah. Only got to do it one more time now. Apparently these sessions increase my chances of survival by 7 - 8% so I suppose they're worth it.

No other news for now although Mrs T is coming round tonight so no doubt I'll get all the office gossip. Can't wait... J x

3 comments:

Darth Vader said...

Glad to hear you feeling better. Been chatting to Nanny this afternoon to get an update and there you are blogging away with the best of them! Nanny has bought "the cowboy book" on your recommendation so on your head be it! Personally I am just so chuffed that I ordered the Confessions of a Failed Southern Lady to be delivered to the office... extract given on cover is "Granny worked so hard at my rearing... whether she succeeded in making a lady out of me is for you decide, but I will say one thing in my own favour before we begin. No matter which sex I went to bed with, I never smoked in the street"

A lesson for us all there I think.

Keep going J

x

Darth Vader said...

How gutted am I that I didnt have a bet on Percy following the tip on here???? Walked past a betting shop as I left work as well but didnt have any cash on me so couldnt be bothered. At 7/1 who is the fool now????!!!! Lots of banging hands on steering wheol on the way back home. Hope some of you won lots of money.

Hope today is better J and the aged Ps are continuing their sterling work. Would recommend them for the OBE but Michael Winner says its just for toilet cleaners.....

Jonathan said...

Am also wishing that I had put my money where Percy is! I think all toilet cleaners deserve awards so I don't know what Micheal is kvetching about. I just wish my toilet needed cleaning but due to constipation brought on by drugs to stop me being sick I'm afraid its sparkling at the moment... J x