Sunday, June 18, 2006

Just Watched...

...the fireworks at the end of the Take That concert in the City of Manchester stadium. They were spectacular (as I'm sure the concert was too).

Lemon slices were a disaster. there seemed to be a misunderstanding between me and the cookbook as to what constituted "light and fluffy". Suffice to say, whatever the phrase means it was not embodied in my lemon slices. Never mind, if at first you don't succeed... buy them from the shop!

Have to stop the ibuprofen tonight in readiness for my chemotherapy on Wednesday. I therefore have 6 days of pain and throwing up to look forward to. Not nice. Like my lemon slices. Am fairly sure that the next few days worth of posts will make for depressing reading. You may therefore want to take a short break from the blog and catch up with me again on, say, next Saturday when I should be my cheery self again. J x

2 comments:

NannyOggandGreebo said...

Hey matey,

We love you just as much when you're feeling miserable and grouchy as we do when you're sparkling and witty so if you're feeling bloody and want to put on the blog, then blog away.

Your lemon slices were not a disaster, whatever you say; If you wish to stay with the lemon theme, see if you can extract from Andi the recipe for her lemon drizzle cake which she shared with Gordon Ramsay, or perhaps you prefer to stick with Mr Kipling. As long as you're serving them up with the Earl Grey tea, I'll be perfectly happy.

Trust we didn't overtax you too much yesterday but it was great to see you looking so well and making with the barbed comments again.

Lovely to meet your parents; they put up with our waffling very patiently.

Hop this next week passes quickly for you.
Love
Nanny x

NannyOggandGreebo said...

And you can, of course, "hop" if you're feeling up to it.