Thursday, June 15, 2006

Another Good Day

Bought a tree this morning (just a small one, prunus cestina since you ask). Had radiotherapy this afternoon followed by the reaction clinic. Dr Slevin (consultant) happy with the progress of the treatment from the point of view of my reaction to it. My reaction is "1" on the scale of 1 to 4 i.e. quite a mild reaction at the moment. He's also not worried about the copious amounts of mucus I am producing which he sees as quite normal. God its disgusting though. I hope and pray it won't continue like this after the treatment otherwise expect to see me hawking up gobs of spit in a street near you in the not too distant future... (sorry but I promised you a warts and all account).

Apart from that everything else is World Cup so no comment. Except to say that I shall be baking lemon slices tomorrow for my visitors. Never baked anything before. Poor visitors! J x

3 comments:

newcastlewench said...

BAKING?? You fiend!! Where's the REAL Jonathan? You might think you've fooled us but you haven't. Cease this stupid alien experiment and give him back to us!



(ps - the above can also be used if a teenager tidies its bedroom without being forced at the end of a cattleprod).

fig said...

Lemon Slices. Dreamy.

I can't believe you've never baked before. All those scrummy meals you cooked me in ye olden days (Chicken Piri Piri, salad and a bottle of Pinot - memories).

Well I am sure your slices will be lemon fresh and zesty to the max (or is that 'Flash?').

In Other News... Billie Piper to leave Doctor Who! My spies are yet to to furnish me with details, but I expect her exit is spelled out somewhere on ye olde internette.

Keep yer eye on your baking powder lovely,.

Figgins x x

NannyOggandGreebo said...

Oh goody! Lemon slices; I bet there'll be none left by the time we arrive. And after a sculpting weekend, we'll need something to perk us up.

Shall you be wearing a rather fetching apron while baking? I do hope this period away from work is not turning you into a daytime TV person, watching all those ads for people with constipation, aching joints, a burning need to buy a council house with John Stalker awnings or pursuing multiple accident claims? (And that's just BB....)

Wouldn't you like to strangle the girl with AXA, or the shouting twerp(s) selling car insurance? Though I must admit to a certain fondness for the Citroen ad where the red-eyed car speed skates across the ice. Which is your most hated ad?

I'm soooo envious of Barbiewitch's sparkling pink jeans - do they do them in plus sizes, Barbie?

See you soon
Love
Nanny x