Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Home In Manc

Came home yesterday because I had an appointment at The Christie today only to find that it had been cancelled.  But I do have a GP appointment later as well....

So The Christie are saying at the moment that I will have my lung function tests done tomorrow (ironically at Wythenshawe) then a whole slew of blood tests next Wednesday at The Christie and, if everything goes according to plan, I should start my treatment on 12//02/14. We still don't know yet what that treatment will be though. Fingers crossed and, if I've already made arrangements with you for things to happen after 12/02/14, then we're just going to have to play it by ear I'm afraid as I don't know yet what the timing nor severity of side effects will be.  Sorry. But I need something to happen soon because the pain is getting worse.

Had an OK time in Swansea but, per above, the pain is getting worse and this wasn't helped by strange beds, strange sofas etc.  But I was glad I got the chance to go home and drive my father around a bit so that he could pick up bits and pieces and run errands etc. and he was glad to see me.  His optician has said that his eyesight is still improving but not enough yet that he'd be able to drive.  Unfortunately the optician has now gone on holiday for six weeks (yes, really) and Dad won't go to anyone else so we now have to wait.  Hopefully in six weeks' time the improvements will be sufficient for him to get his licence back.  And if it isn't then he's just going to have to get used to taking taxis and buses with the occasional lift from friends.  He will also be coming up to Manchester for his birthday on 16/02/14.

The drive home to Swansea and the drive back to Manchester was fabulous though and the car handles like a dream.  One or two niggles it has to be said (why no rear windscreen wiper?) but I'm sure I'll just get used to those over time and those I can't get used to I'll just have to get over because I love this car.  It truly is the car of a lifetime and I do not regret for one second getting it. :-)

Out for drinks at the Great John Street Hotel and thence for a meal to Dimitris with DD and Michele yesterday evening.  They didn't have much news as, apparently, what happens in Centre Parks stays in Centre Parks.  And probably a good thing too.  In to town for a coffee at John Rylands this morning (again with DD) and to pick up my jeans from the tailor's (needed new pockets - Burberry may make jeans that fit me well and last forever but they can't make pockets for toffee).  Also to dry cleaners for the removal of some suspicious looking stains from my trench coat (they may look suspicious but I have no idea where they came from).  And then, after GP visit, DD round to catch up on some more Borgen.  We were very intrigued by the first three episodes and can't wait to see where Brigitte goes with the whole new party thing (and please, no spoilers in comments if you've already seen it).

And that's all for now. J x

No comments: