Thursday, January 02, 2014

A Needle, A Needle.....

.... my kingdom for a knitting needle.

I have a beautiful cable-knitted scarf that I love.  But it has a "pull" in it.  Can anyone out there in blog-land help me with that?  I could of course "have a go".  I am, after all, a plucky self-starter who can turn his hand to almost anything (no sniggering there in the back row). But I particularly like this scarf and wouldn't want to run the risk of ruining it.  Normally I would turn to my seamstress extraordinaire, Sarah, in London but given my potential treatment schedule I might not see her for a while so I'm looking for some home-grown Mancunian talent. Help.  Or Hay-elp (as Penelope Pitstop might put it).

In other news, I'm back in Manchester and have spoken to Australia (who is back in Sydney).

Good to be home but am feeling guilty for leaving Dad. But as he and I both recognise, it's something he'll need to get used to.  A dog will help. And Kathryn has already emailed us details of some people who will potentially allow us to get the right sort of dog (thank you Kathryn). 

What else?  My new January Tom Daley isn't quite as exciting as my old December Tom Daley.  But hey, we all all have the old odd off month.  Here's looking forward to February.

Lighting.  It's really important yes?  I think all of us who are getting a little older will recognise the importance of good (soft? flattering?) lighting. I have the basics in the apartment but I need to build on that to make it better.  That, I've decided, will be my Winter/Spring project (depending on treatment schedules). Hopefully you'll all be able to see the improvements at the 2014 Midsummer Party (21/06/14 at my place - reserve the date on your calendars now - I'm particularly talking to you Jude here!).

And that's about all I can think of at the moment apart from the fact that I caught up tonight on all the Coronation Street I'd missed over Xmas.  They're handling the Hayley storyline so well.  That's all.  J x

No comments: