Friday, January 03, 2014

Choice

So how does that work?

When one has too much how does one choose?

How much is too much?

So for Christmas I had a bottle of Belvedere vodka  (I adore Belvedere vodka, thank you kind gift-giver).  But this bottle came accompanied by two exquisite Belvedere shot glasses. I love these shot glasses. They are gorgeous, delicate, well-designed glasses.  But I already had a set of 6 shot glasses. So what do I do?  Do I retain 8 shot glasses - the easy choice?  Do I get rid of two shot glasses and retain a 4/2 split - the pragmatic choice?  Or do I get rid of 6 glasses and just keep the two beautiful glasses? Fuck me it's not easy.  And to be honest, it makes little difference when talking about shot glasses since they're so small. But you get the point. What if the bottle of Belvedere had been accompanied by two lovely Belvedere sofas? Or two lovely Belvedere Jaguar cars (and yes Maggie, in those circumstances you could have had one)?

Anyway, I don't know the answer but feel free to kick off a philosophical discussion in comments.

If it helps, I have used one of the exquisite shot glasses to take my morphine tonight. It's just about the right size :-). J x

Goodnight all......

No comments: