Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Full Steam Ahead

Just had a call from Dr Y.  The paperwork has all cleared so the trial will officially go ahead at The Christie. Yay.  They will also need to do a further biopsy on me to get sufficient malignant material to keep in test tubes all around the world.  Luckily the cancer has spread so far that this won't need to be a surgical procedure and they'll just stick a needle in the nearest tumour.... I'll also need to have loads of other tests, echocardiograms and the like and so it's unlikely they'll be pouring poison (old or new types not known yet) into me much before 4 weeks from now.  Whichever drug I'm on, it seems the same treatment cycle is followed - 4 treatments in 3 week cycles - so it will all last about 3 months. Which should mean it will finish in time for me to fully recover in time for my party.  Which deserves another yay.  Yay.

They'll consent me and run through everything at The Christie on Wednesday  You-know-who will be back in the country by then and looking for something the English can do successfully and so will be accompanying me i.e. no volunteers needed, thank you.  Information leaflets are in the post to me as we speak.

In other news, City are one up against West Ham.....

And that's all. J x

No comments: