Friday, September 06, 2013

Stop Me Now

I should not be let near an Internet screen whilst I'm drunk.  I've just bought 4 hats online.  For when. I have chemotherapy.  If I make it as far as chemotherapy.  And even if I don't, I now have a selection of hats to wear to my funeral...

 But before the wailing and gnashing of teeth starts I should point out that they're hats bought from the Burton website i.e. they weren't really expensive. And they're made of wool so they will keep my head warm. But yes, they're hats.  And they're Burton hats.  So clearly I'm drunk.  But WTF guys.  It's my birthday, and I've had my first radiotherapy and I had a great lunch, and some fab cards, thank you DD, and I now have hats, and Toby phoned, and Fig phoned and actually loads of people phoned.... So at the risk of repeating myself WTF guys?

Anyway, I'm off for some painkillers (trust me, there is pain that even vodka can't reach) and thence to bed.  The fabulous Sara is taking me to radiation therapy tomorrow.  So will blog tomorrow with updates. Nunight. J x

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you had a decent birthday. Not sure if you can see this link but I know how you're trying to kick homophobia out of footy

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151576060556431&set=gm.10151629138037475&type=1&theater

Two Derby County fans for gay chanting at a Brighton match, considering I have seen a football match involving Brighton, I'm unsure why these two were singled out, I guess they were doing worse than calling them a town full of queers.

Jonathan said...

Interesting and good to see a football club trying to do something. Be good to know what, if any difference is made. The Gay Football Supporters Network actually did a survey on homophobic chanting at Brighton matches and you're right, I'm guessing the present instance must have been pretty serious for action to be taken if the results of that survey are to be believed. But thanks for flagging this up, I hadn't seen it.

Hope you're managing to get some sleep with your new arrival and looking forward to seeing you at the bowling do and catching up properly. J x