Monday, September 16, 2013

Back Safe

And it's been a busy day.

Set off at 0700 this morning from Richmond in N Yorkshire and initially made really good time until we crossed over into Lancashire and the Manchester environs where things slowed somewhat to a crawl. Nevertheless made it home in time to be just 10 minutes late for my Macmillan meeting. That went really well despite the being only 3 of us there (there are normally about 10). It actually meant we got quite a lot done which I was pleased about even though we couldn't make any final decisions on account of not being quorate. Am helping lead an Induction/Information session for new volunteers from the People Affected By Cancer community tomorrow and am really looking forward to that.

Then it was back home for a quick spot of lunch before heading out to the dentist to get my veneers done.  I'm really happy with them, I think they look really nice and natural (not like Simon Callow at all!). 

Now need to tidy up and prepare the spare bedroom as the Aged Ps arrive tomorrow (a day early) and I'm at this Induction Session for most of tomorrow.  They're arriving early because it is my Uncle John's funeral in London today.  A sad occasion. I haven't talked to them yet but hopefully everything has gone as well as it can.  

Hilda here in the morning so also need to tidy the rest of the flat so that she can clean.  I tell you, it's all go for us medical retirees..... And DD is round tonight to help me finish off the take away curry we took away from Richmond when we did our early morning flit this morning.

The Eco Lodge at Richmond is a brilliant place (Brompton Lakes for anyone wanting to experience it http://www.bromptonlakes.co.uk/).  

Luxurious, peaceful, tranquil, in the country and close to Richmond which is a lovely little town - the theatre tour is worth the trip in itself.  I'm not sure I'd do it again with such a large bunch of people though.  I prefer to have some peace and quiet!  And now I seem to have turned everything blue and underlined it.  Can't be bothered restyling nor can I seem to undo it easily so we're just going to have to live with it.

DD round later for a post-cricket drink (curry got cancelled). That's all. J x


No comments: