Saturday, September 07, 2013

24 Away....

... from 80,000 hits, or page views, or maltesers or something (I've no idea what the counter thing is actually counting.  I suspect it has its own agenda and maybe even reverses direction when I'm sleeping).  

So been out to Maggie & Paul's tonight where, dear reader, you'll be appalled to learn that I was mocked for my choice of headgear.  Me, a sick, cancerous, vulnerable Person Affected By Cancer (the official Macmillan term - and don't get me started on those bastards either - see later) was crudely told that I'd look rubbish in some of the hats that I'd spent hours choosing in a thoughtful and considered manner online last night. Apparently I won't look like David Beckham at all.  Sob.  I'm not sure I can go on.  No really, oh well, maybe just a small one thanks..... Yes. 

"Thats not a beanie". 

And?  So?  Who said I was going for a beanie anyway?  

Eh? And yes I do have tattoos actually.  The radiographers at The Christie tattooed marks onto my body.  Actual marks. Tattoos. So who looks more like David Beckham now eh lady? Yes.

But the lasagne was to die for.  Not as sloppy as I normally go for (I am a guy who likes it sloppy after all) as it helps it slip down more easily, but easily one of the tastiest lasagnes I've had in ages. Thank you Paul.  You should so go for the next professional Masterchef competition. And the beer and the vodka and the company was divine (slagging off apart - who knew Catholics could be so vicious?). 

So, yeah, Macmillan.  Which genius in that organisation had the idea to run a fundraising campaign for "Giving Up Booze In October". I can't believe I even just typed those words. It's just madness. Us people with cancer need our booze.  It helps. It takes the edge off.  It ease pain etc.  Having said all this if someone out there is prepared to make a serious suggestion that involves shit-loads of money for Macmillan then I'll consider it.  Coz I love Macmillan really. They just asked me to do a fundraising speech at a conference at Manchester Airport in October (how "dry" will that be eh Macmillan?) but I'm out bowling with my homies on that date so I'll be able to carry on drinking!  Yay!  I've offered to do them a filmed video though - always playing my part. :-)   

Feeling OK (but tired) at the moment.  The vodka and the ibuprofen has taken the edge off the pain and I'm 2/5 of the way through my first radiotherapy cycle.  Have a lunch date tomorrow and a dinner date on Sunday so the world is looking pretty good for a non-David Beckham lookalike tonight.  Goodnight Baltimore.  I love you. J x 

1 comment:

maggie said...

Sorry about the teasing on the hat front. I'm sure they'll look far better on you than the pictures on your phone would suggest. And if not, I'll try to keep the snickering to a minimum! Mx