Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Of Caroline We Do Not Speak

For those of you not aware of the treatment programme offered to me before this hell began, Caroline was the shining apogee (correct use of the word? No idea, why didn't I pack a dictionary?). Here was a specially trained nurse whose sole role within the ENT Department was to champion the concerns and issues of cancer patients. When one considers that I've had 3 trips to the theatre spent 4 days in Intensive Care and an equal number on a High Dependency Unit followed by a prolonged ward stay. When one considers that the operation I have now received is different from the operation originally proposed and the results of this are likely to be a higher level of facial and vocal disfigurement one would imagine that Caroline would have barely left my side. And yet I have not seen or heard from her. Not once. To say that I am less than impressed gives you no idea of the depth of my feelings on this topic... J

1 comment:

newcastlewench said...

apogee
noun [S] FORMAL
the most successful, popular or powerful point