Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Day Before The Day

Can't think what to write now. Cleaned my tube and rotated it all on my own this morning. Clever me. Had a shower and a shave. Just waiting to go back in to hospital now. Trying not to think about tomorrow. Actually its not tomorrow that is the worrying thing. I'll be under a general anaesthetic and if I die on the operating table then I won't know anything about it. Its the time after the operation that is worrying. How much pain/discomfort will I be in? How disfiguring is the scarring going to be? How long before I can stop peeing in a bottle? This last one might seem a little trite but its the one thing that sticks in my mind above all the others. Why is that? Anyway, I remain fairly confident that I'll get through the operation (the consultant, Young Sean as you may recall, does get a lunch break apparently) and we'll just have to see how the rest pans out. There are loads of things I still want to do though so I'm going to try and keep those uppermost in my mind. I'll post again when I'm back in the hospital -- hopefully still in the same bed! J x

3 comments:

newcastlewench said...

Have run out of pithy things to say, because everyone else has said it so well, so just - whatever they all said - Me Too !!

Hold on tight, see you on the other side babe.

xxxxxxx

newcastlewench said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
newcastlewench said...

(sorry - pressed 'send' twice & it posted twice - *doh*! feckin puters!)