Friday, April 28, 2006

All Quiet On The North Western Front

Done nothing today. Caroline came round to change my dressings. Apparently my arm is healing well despite looking all green and gunky. Started reading the John Diamond book but have been warned that everyone has their own journey to make through cancer and that other people's stories, whilst interesting, will not mirror my own. Which is just as well because he died. And I'm not going to. I hope.

Denise came round tonight and bought her way into my parent's affections (its amazing what a bottle of Cava will do!). They now love her more than they love me. She's promised to come round again Sunday with her friend "Boobs".

Feeling sad tonight but I was warned that its easy to become depressed on the first few days home. Hopefully it'll pass soon.

Thanks to everyone for the continuing support, you're really helping me through this. Special thanks go to the sender of the beautiful orchids and to Fig for being the funny one. J x

1 comment:

fig said...

Finally! - After all these years, all these years of quips, gags and nicknames, you finally call me the funny one ... in public too.

Oddly, even though it's a throwaway line, it made me all teary. What a poof.