Thursday, August 22, 2013

Lovely Day

So today started out with a visit from DD - always to be welcomed. Coffee and a chat followed by the arrival of Hilda- by train rather than bus, those roadworks in Trafford are really snarling things up.  So I left her to it (she does my cleaning) and went to meet Jane for coffee at Rylands cafe.  Really good to catch up with Jane as I haven't see her in ages as she wasn't able to make my party.  After she left I went upstairs to the library to work on the Masque of Apathy poem  I'm working on with Marie for ARC news (my Union journal).  Marie is fabulous by the way.  A very clever woman.

Picked up the dry cleaning on the way home and got back to the flat just in time for Hilda leaving. Then had a lazy afternoon reading (but nothing recommended by the Book Group, incidentally fantastic to see Andrea and Lisa the other night: I was given birthday gifts - it's 05/09 for those of you who've forgotten - and now have a pair of fat balls and some lovely Molton Brown Black Pepper shower gel: my favourite) before setting off for a haircut at 1700.  Cameron was full of his usual tales of debauchery.  Then met up with LL, Jane (a different one), Gill and Ruth at Pizza Express for, you guessed it, lasagne.  Quite nice but a little bland and they don't do chips.  No chips!  What's that all about?  How can a restaurant/cafe expect to survive without doing chips...!

This was followed by an excursion to The Opera House to see 9 to 5. Better than you might have expected but not as good as it could have been was my summation. But I'm always pleased to see a new musical with original songs and a live orchestra so I'm not complaining.

Been a busy day but have a relatively quiet weekend ahead of me.  Yes it's Pride so I'll go to see the parade and attend the vigil on Monday but in between I may have the weekend off on my own (DD is out walking somewhere I believe). So that will be nice.  Alternatively I may break down and just buy an (overpriced) ticket and go and see some drag queens somewhere in The Village. This will please all those friends of mine who want to just tie me to a tree.... I'll let you know. And that's all for now.  Still in a bit of pain but am currently numbing that with diluted vodka and tequila.  Yes, I have rediscovered tequila. Only now I drink it without lemon and salt - as God intended when he created the agave bush. :-) J x

1 comment:

fig said...

Get yourself a ticket and go to Pride. If I can do Brightons' without you - you can do Manchesters' without me... and you'll be surrounded by scantily clad lads and be-feathered TV's. Wonderful. Plus you'll have a fancy new haircut to show off and - no doubt - some swishy labels to flash.