Friday, January 25, 2013

The Quaker Tree is in Bloom

That is to say that the tree outside the Friend's Meeting House in the city centre has blossom on it. It's the first tree in Manchester (as far as I know) to come into blossom and is a sign of the impending spring. That allied with the fact that once we get today's blizzards out the way the temperature starts to climb gives me hope. Hope of things renewing, things reborn, life eternal and warm sunny days just perfect for recharging your vitamin D levels.

Of course, things and life never run entirely smoothly so it is with a heavy heart that I report that Ev's mother after a long struggle has passed away. It was not unexpected and she passed peacefully with her family around her. And that's all we can ask for I guess. Im sure you will all join with me in sending Ev heartfelt condolences. Also, my Dad's former business partner, Malcolm, has also just lost his battle with lung disease so my thoughts go out to his wife and family too.

I'm sure there's any number of religious messages in the above life and death paragraphs but as I'm not religious I'll just say: it's a queer old life full of swings and roundabouts. We need to take the rough with the smooth and make the best of the hand we're dealt. And on that cliché-ridden thought, that's all. J x

No comments: