Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year

Hope 2013 brings everyone everything they want.

Had a bit of a tough day yesterday (self inflicted) as I'd been out for dinner the night before and over indulged in both food (but It was gorgeous) and drink (champagne, beer and vodka is a heavy mix) and fun (Manchester Mum & Dad were there along with Ev - mine host - and Denise). The result was that I was sick during the night, lost my appetite the following day and ran a high temperature. It wasn't ridiculously high (I went up to about 37.8) so the hospital didn't want to take me in. But it did somewhat spoil the NYE celebrations. DD and Lesley did come round and we watched Breakfast at Tiffanys (fab film) followed by the hootenanny and I did stay up till 12 so not all was lost.

Feeling much better today and my temperature is back down to 36.0 so it's all better now hopefully. Serve me right frankly. No plans today apart from a trip to Sainsburys and taking down my decorations. I'll blog later if I have anything to report. J x

3 comments:

maggie said...

Happy New Year, J. Sorry you weren't too good yesterday but it was an excellent night at Ev's. We enjoyed our walk in Macclesfield Forest yesterday - raining when we arrived at the meeting point but it stopped shortly after and was just what we needed to clear our heads :) See you soon. Manchester mum x

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you too - do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Jonathan said...

Why Mr P this is a pleasant surprise. I trust all is as usual and you are being overworked to the limits of your endurance? I do miss that :-) Hope you now have a full set of workable Work Based Learning Units? J x