Wednesday, February 12, 2014

So It's Morning (Just) As I Write This...

... and feeling better despite terrible night which I'll spare you the details of because any tale would involve a lot of use of the word "bowels".

Had radiotherapy this morning and it went without a hitch. Also long visit from Palliative Care Team. Seeing Yvonne this afternoon hopefully. 

As it happens the ward I'm on is referred to as a "Nightingale Ward" so I wasn't far out with my description. There are two if them at The Christie and they are used as decant wards for occasions like (now) refurb work to a ward or a "deep clean" of a ward. 

Still awaiting visit from physio and OT. Better get here soon as I need to be OK'd to get out of bed and get to a toilet when I want because I don't want another "bowels" situation. 

Spoke to Dad this morning and he's understandably worried but not a lot I can do about that at the moment. Hopefully I'll be more mobile and able to get around when he comes up. I will need to be treated as an inpatient for at least 5 radiotherapy sessions (Monday will be last of these unless they treat me Saturday - happens sometimes). Otherwise 10 radiotherapy sessions as an inpatient. My preference obviously for a 5/5 split. 

And that's all for now. Will blog later. J x

No comments: