Friday, February 14, 2014

Seen It All!

Debbie with the Big Wigs! Of course I've seen the very lovely Debbie in many situations before (both at work and on coffee breaks) and with some fairly Big Wigs too (young Sean is, after all, Head of Head & Neck and that's not to be sneezed at) but this time she was in a long train of really important looking people one of whom actually had a suit and tie on and trust me you've really made it in the NHS when you wear a suit and tie. Unless you're a woman of course (sorry Yvonne) but I've not really worked out the official Woman's Heirarchical Dress Code for doctors yet. I suspect though that it starts somewhere around Next and progresses ever upwards to proper understated (proper, not diffusion line) DKNY. All help gratefully received though. 

Anyway, Debbie was in the tail of the Slevin Satellite speeding through The Christie firmament. But do you know what? She may have been positioned in the tail but she sparkled every bit as brightly as the head. And you just knew that if you wanted a sensible answer to a sensible (or indeed nonsensical) question, she was your port of call. And she has now, indeed, just spent far more time than I deserve helping me out with my education programme for my new student nurse (Elanor, 3 days on the job, heart in the right place but doesn't know her way round an Obs Chart - or rather, now knows her way round an Obs chart) and answering all my questions. 

So I just want you all to join me in saying a great big THANK YOU to the very lovely  Debbie for her very lovely help. My very lovely Christie experience would not have been as very lovely without her. J x

1 comment:

fig said...

Thank you Debbie; you made my best friend happy

fig