Tuesday, February 25, 2014

All Good

Feeling good today. And that's a nice feeling. 

Had a haircut this morning - told my hairdresser he could be radical because by this time next week I could be on a chemotherapy regime which would mean it would all fall out anyway..... But bless him, he didn't do too much damage and I will look vaguely respectable for the wedding on Saturday (you can breathe easily now Michele). 

Intended to buy a tie in town to wear on Saturday but really should have taken my shirt with me so I could choose the right colour. I didn't so I'll have to go back but I did buy a belt instead which cheered me up even more.  Yes, Hermes.

What else has happened?  

Ah yes, Sunday saw an intrepid band of 6 trooping out to Salford Quays to attend the recording of a new quiz show fronted by Andi Peters (yes, that one from all those years ago). He doesn't look bad for his age bless him but it's a dog of a show.  It's called Ejector Seat and seems to have no more premise than that someone thought of a set and then bolted a quiz onto the top of it.  Yes the contestants do, sort of, get "ejected" from their seats if they get enough questions wrong but it's just stupid and boring.  It airs in April sometime so keep an eye out and you may see us in the audience.  Me and Denise are the ones at the back complaining to each other about it and Lesley's the one answering her phone....

Went to Damson for a meal first. Not been there before. I really enjoyed the food (as did Gill, Lesley and Denise) but I didn't like the place and I thought the service was bad given that it's supposed to be a top notch restaurant. Won't be going again I imagine.  It was a long day out all told and by the time Denise  and I had run (yes, run, and me with lung cancer and everything) for the tram I was well ready for my bed.  Coiuuldnt sleep of course because of buzzing on steroids but I was physically exhausted.

Radiotherapy yesterday. The last one. Woo hoo. Went without a hitch. In fact went so smoothly that I was done and dusted and out of the place even before we'd reached my official, appointment time. That's not happened before. Left them muffins and brownies. 

Denise was round last night for me to try out a new recipe - mushroom stroganoff - from The Times that day. It was quite tasty if I say so myself and Denise finished off a huge plate of it so she clearly enjoyed it too.  I think you have to be very careful with dried mushrooms though. They're a very powerful taste and can overwhelm a bit which they did on my plate. I'd obviously just given myself a big spoonful of them.

We watched the Jeremy Paxman series on the First World War whilst eating. It's been a really good series and incredibly thought provoking for me.  So much stuff I didn't know and so many assumptions I'd made.  There are a couple of programmes on the BBC this week about whether or not we should have entered the war in the first place and I'll be watching those to get more info too.  Be interesting to see what they say life might have been like now if we hadn't gone in....

Seeing Sarah from Leeds later for an early tea at Felicinis and looking forward to seeing her because it's been far too long.  And then it's clinic at The Christie tomorrow. Still won't know what drug I'll be getting next week though - will find that out on Monday. Watch this space. As soon as I know, you'll know. 

And that's all. As I say, feeling good at the moment and just riding that wave.... J x


1 comment:

fig said...

So pleased you have discovered a new dish to tickle the tastebud.

Not been following the WW1 stuff myself but acutely aware of the oncoming commemorations as its fallen to colleagues in my office to co-ordinate Brightons activities. With a Green Council, local anarchist cohort, volatile political atmosphere and active cadet force its a tricky thing to get right 'taste' wise ... but we seem to have it cracked.

Sending lots of seaside love

fig x x x

ooh. oooh. Dawn French solo tour.