Wednesday, February 12, 2014

People Come And Go Round Here So Quickly

Saw Physio mere moments after my last post and she says she's happy for me to dance down the corridors if I want to so that'll be good news for the night staff I'm sure! 

Also, just seen Dr Yvonne and she thinks she'll be in a position to organise my discharge on Friday. More good news :-)

Had quite a long chat with Dr Y. Her views are that she can't guarantee me any outcomes from the current radiotherapy treatment neither a pain-free period nor a lower limb paralysis free period. Obviously I'm more concerned about the latter. However, she will say that it appears that my tumours are "radio-sensitive" (hence their response to treatment last time) and she hopes this continues. They're not completely radio-sensitive though otherwise they wouldn't be back at all.  This response makes me somewhat happy. 

On the pain front however I am much less concerned as I feel more in control of my pain and it seems, at least according to the Christie Palliative Care Team, that there is no upper limit to the amount of pain relief I can have. This means morphine folks. Maximum Morphine. Love the idea of that: Maximum Morphine. I bet there's a snow boarder out there with that name. But as I have NO TELLY I can't watch the Winter Olympics to let you know. Actually there's a big telly in a room at the end of the really long Florence I'm on so may pop down later and have a look. 

On the Drug Trial front, Dr Y has emailed the Trial sponsors (in America) with details of my radiotherapy and proposed new dates for the randomisation (03/03) and treatment start date (05/03). Hopefully they're all laid back Californian surfers (with names like Maximum Morphine) and will just say "that's good shit man - although given last night's shenanigans, maybe not - and just let us get on with it. Potentially though they could also pull the plug as we've now introduced more random elements to the programme. 

We may well also have to consider the surgical option further down the line so we're not burning bridges with Salford just yet although we're a little annoyed with them over their actions on Saturday night (we stress that there are other people in Salford and they shouldn't all be tarred with the surgeon's brush...). But we Mancunians have wanted those Salford Bridges pulled down for a long time. Coming over here and stealing our TV studios.... 

I will also be getting in touch with St Anne's Hospice soon too so I can see what services (including complementary therapies for my carer) that they offer. 

In other news, I'm feeling calmer and more relaxed about things. Hope you are too :-) J x


No comments: