Wednesday, January 21, 2009

This is Just Awful

I mean presumably I felt worse with the cancer but it doesn't seem like it (mind you I was on morphine then). My body hurts everywhere. The number of spots and blisters is unbelievable. I'm either too hot or too cold. I can't sleep. I can't shower. I'm getting stomach cramps. Its just dreadful.

Christies have told me not to darken their doors for 2 weeks - if I'm out of action for 2 weeks then I'm going to have to cancel my office leaving do as well.

Anyway, enough moaning. I'm sure I'll fell better in a few days. But you'll have to put up with the complaining on here as I lose more and more sleep until it does start getting better. That's all. J x

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Jonathan, I am so, so sorry that you've got this. As an adult, it is horrendous. I sympathise entirely - I had it as a teenager, it was awful, miserable and as you say, worse than cancer! I've still got some scars, although most did heal. I wish I could offer some comfort. All I can advise is be prepared for a long period of recuperation, and be gentle with yourself. The one thing I found did help was exposure to bright sunlight (naturally widely available in Manchester in January!). Normally,I wouldn't dream of such a thing but would advise getting onto a sunbed or better still a plane to somewhere like the Canaries. The sunlight really does seem to help dry up the horrible blisters. Apart from that, we are thinking of you. Do you know what imp of Beelzebub infected you?
Kathrynxxxx

Jonathan said...

No idea who infected me since I haven't heard of anyone I know with it and I thought you got it from close contact. Would love to just jet off to sunnier climes but suspect they wouldn't let me on a plane at the moment. And I start my new job a week Monday. How long do the spots remain visible can you remember?

Kathryn said...

Um, assuming you'll be wearing office attire rather than a lame thong at work, fewer will be visible. Unfortunately, they are still quite visible for at least two to three weeks, then start to fade, provided of course you haven't scratched and infected any of them. BIG ASK. This is also where a tan comes in handy as on deathly white skin they stand out like a Belisha beacon while a bit of colour will help to fade them in a bit. Time for a spray on St Tropez perhaps? Also it's not good if bits of scab start dropping off at work - a bit offputting for your colleagues.