Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sorry

Had a really bad evening on Thursday - my temperature shot up to 39.2 and I felt really unwell. I phoned NHS direct and was told that they were really busy but someone would phone me back in 2 hours! Not the sort of thing you want to hear. Luckily my GP has an out of hours service and although they took half an hour to call me back the doctor I spoke to was very helpful and reassuring. The high temperature is to be expected as my body is fighting a virus and I only really need to worry if it hits 40.0.

Yesterday was awful. The high temperature remained and I was sick quite a lot. I was only managing 2 ensure pluses a day (normally 6) and this made me really weak and unable to do anything much.

Feel a little better this morning. Have had 2 ensures for breakfast so my total consumption today should go up. My temperature is down to 38.5. Although the blisters are still all over my face the ones on my tongue appear to be going. Elsewhere they have now reached my hands and feet and so have nowhere left to go. Fingers crossed, I may have hit the turning point.

The Saint is off to Sainsburys for me today and I'll flash her a look at my face across the hallway so that she can see the true horror. That's all for now. J x

No comments: