Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pox

Its the bloody chicken pox. Last thing I needed. Have to blockade myself in my flat for between 1 and 2 weeks which coincidentally is my last 2 weeks in HMRC Manchester. Bugger. Hope I don't have to cancel my leaving do. Am cheering myself up by arranging a jaunt to Valencia with the Saint for March. On the plus side I'l get to watch the inauguration today.

Have had to postpone my builder too which is a pain but unavoidable. Also I was supposed to be at Christies on Thursday but obviously I can't walk into a waiting room full of immuno-suppressed cancer patients. Presumably they must have arrangements in place for these sort of situations. I've texted the lovely Debbie (who is presumably back from her freebie trip to Prague) to find out.

Luckily I don't feel too bad (yet) and I am sleeping well so perhaps it won't take too long for me to become non-infectious. I'll keep y'all posted. That's all. J x

3 comments:

Joolz said...

Jonathan - Oh No! What's going on? Hope you feel better soon. Take lots of care of yourself.

Unknown said...

Well I think putting yourself into isolation just because my visit is imminent is a bit extreme even for you!! have you any idea how many hours planning has gone into all this?Do you care?

I will ring you to check on your progress...when hissy fit is over.

Mrs T xx

Seriously rest, recuperate and recover and I will catch up with you soon. xxxxxThe Ts + Spotty

Darth Vader said...

What a start to your New Year! And after Christmas was such a success!

I can sympathise as I am housebound with a suspected broken bone in the foot. Spent 3 hours in Halifax xray dept on Monday which really should go down as some kind of new definition of hell on earth. Where do these people come from??? Halifax clearly but ...

What did you think of the inaugaration? Had quite a lump in my throat. I quite liked the human foul ups. A smile and getting down to business. Programme on BBC2 later about the similarities between todays events and West Wing, who with amazing foresight based their Santos character of first Latino President on Senator Obama and what he could achieve. All about 4 years ago. If I can stay awake might be good.

Anyway blotchy you take care of yourself. Have to say your description of The Fall reminds me of that scene in Bridget Jones....

see you soon.
Peg Leg
x