Sunday, January 18, 2009

Recovering at Home

Friday saw me having my first drink following The Fall. Three halves of lager at a (Manchester) trainee's promotion do. That was fine. No ill effects. Met up with The Saint for coffee yesterday afternoon (where we sat next to Steve Ovett for all you - old - celeb watchers out there). Then of to Boothstown British Legion (I know, me in a British Legion!) for Jim's birthday bash last night. It was really good - loads of helpliners there that I hadn't seen for ages and it was good to catch up and meet some new people. Had 5 or 6 Peronis to drink and am suffering for it today or I may just be coming down with one of the many bugs there are out there at the moment (apparently Boothstown is a disease hotspot). Actually I've no idea where Boothstown even is because Jim (God bless him) had laid on a bus (or coach, if one is pedantic about these things) from Manchester and then back at the end of the night.

So currently just lying on the sofa taking pain killers and awaiting the Sainted arrival (she took the car last night - so thank God there was a bus/coach) and is doing some shopping for me on the way back from wherever she's been. Hopefully the car will be dent free...!

Busy week ahead - Warrington to hob nob with Local Compliance royalty on Monday (and yes, you can still see traces of the bruise) and then Christies again on Thursday to check out something that appears to be growing on my tongue. Hopefully it'll just be another of those "viral warty things" but I'll keep you posted. That's all. J x

No comments: