Sunday, September 17, 2006

Dizzy Queen

Have been having dizzy spells and, in fact, completely blacked out twice yesterday. The first time was when I got out of bed in the morning. I just suddenly found myself on the floor. However, I had no idea what had happened. Presumably this was because firstly I was half asleep and secondly because I'd fainted. The second time was when Denise was visiting. I don't think it was her fault (although that hasn't been completely ruled out yet!). This time I was in the hall and cracked my head on the bathroom door on the way down. Again, I didn't know what had happened but Denise was able to tell me that I'd said "ow" as I hit the bathroom door and that I'd ended up on the floor. Its all a bit scary. Anyway, have been very careful today about standing up suddenly and nothing has happened. Will phone Caroline tomorrow to ask who I should see about this.

Spent a very pleasant afternoon at a new garden centre with Gill on Sunday. You can never have too many garden centres.

Off to London on Thursday so I need to get the falling down thing sorted by then. Apparently if you fall down when in London people just rob you. Especially if you have aNorthern accent like what I do. Or a whippet. Am taking my parents to see Evita for their birthdays and then staying with Sarah H on the Saturday night. Sarah W is coming to see me on Wednesday evening after some SCI conference or other in Manchester.

That's all for now folks. J x

1 comment:

Darth Vader said...

Hiya J. I agree with the sentiments of the previous speakers. Have low BP myself and had these blackouts at awkward moments (waking up in the cereal aisle at Tesco was a lifetime highlight...) For me the answer is salt as I have a low sodium count as well, I spend alot of time licking crisps but I guess that isnt an option for you. so I guess its head between the legs time and take it easy. The other thing is I usually find that the BP dips a bit if I am tired so get some rest.

L
x